I was thinking about how to combine this Prune sauce with almonds prunce sauce for a vegetarian dish. Then I tried this bowl with cauliflower, smoked tofu and prune sauce and it was sooooo delicious! The lemony-smoky tofu and the grilled cauliflower go great with the sweet prune sauce.
For the bowl with cauliflower, smoked tofu and plum sauce you need:
Bowl with cauliflower, smoked tofu and prune sauceDifficulty: simple
250 g smoked tofu
½ lemon (juice)
500 g cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Prune sauce
100 g prunes
50 ml water
30 g blanched almonds
½ tbsp sesame seeds
150 g rice
300 ml water
1 tsp salt
- First, you need have to press the smoked tofu. Wrap it in kitchen paper towels and put a heavy bowl (I use a bowl filled with fruit) on top of it for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the cauliflower into small florets and mix the olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Remove the kitchen paper towels and cut the smoked tofu into small cubes and marinate with lemon juice.
- Place the cauliflower and smoked tofu on a baking sheet and spread the oil mixture on top.
- Roast the tofu and cauliflower at 220 ° C for 40 minutes, turning the ingredients at least once.
- Prepare the rice by briefly boiling the rice, water and salt and then simmer at low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the prune sauce according to this recipe .
- Serve the rice with the cauliflower, tofu and prune sauce. Enjoy!